Ok, I want to continue the Top 100 weight loss tips by putting up another article (number 63) to keep this great series moving along nicely. In this particular post, I’ll be looking at the weight loss benefits of drinking green tea and what the Chinese have known about for a few thousand years that we in the West are only just learning.
It has been the subject of numerous health studies by many different groups, from medical institutions to universities. Each year, it seems yet another health benefit is found and attributed to drinking green tea daily. The actual health benefits are well documented in many websites online, but right here we’re primarily concerned with its properties that help a person to lose weight fast.
How’s this for starters. Back in 1999, results were published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition of a study conducted by Swiss researchers at the University of Geneva. They discovered that a group of men given a caffeine and green tea extract combination went on to burn more calories in trials than a second group of men that were only given caffeine or a placebo.
There appears to be properties contained in the green tea that is not found in black tea. These properties that work with and enhance the effects of the caffeine to boost the metabolism causing the body to burn more calories than it would without the beverage.
This is really good news for slimmers who are looking for natural ways to lose weight as part of their regular diet and in combination with their exercise routine. They can simply make themselves a cup of green tea any time and enjoy it knowing that not only is it doing them a whole load of good on the inside, but its also helping them to do what they are working towards doing and that’s losing weight and toning up their bodies.
If you were wondering what the other health benefits are that are attributed to green tea, they include:
- Cancer busting antioxidants that mop up free radicals in the body and reduce the likelihood of contracting certain cancers.
- The tea kills harmful bacteria in the mouth that causes gum disease and so promotes healthy teeth and gums.
- It kills many of the bacteria that cause food poisoning, thereby averting a bad tummy and keeping things healthy in that area!
- Green tea helps to reduce levels of bad LDL cholesterol in the bloodstream while simultaneously increasing levels of good HDL cholesterol, which is very good for your heart and circulation.
- It also reduces the chances of heart disease, as a compound called EGCG that is contained in the tea is twice as powerful as the resveratrol found in red wine.
There are many more health benefits, but they are beyond the scope of this article. Suffice it to say, learn to love green tea and it will boost your health in many areas while helping you to fend off diseases and at the same time help you to lose weight!
100 Weight Loss Tips number 62 follows in the next post!